Mobile Computing | News
Canvas Adds Free Android App
Instructure has released Canvas for Android, a free app that allows students and faculty to access the company's learning management system (LMS) from Android mobile devices.
"The Canvas for Android app is designed to make it easy for faculty and students to stay connected to their courses, including courses from their institution or the Canvas Network," said Brian Whitmer , co-founder and chief product officer at Instructure, in a prepared statement.
Features of the app include:
- Student access to to-do lists, grades, assignments, and calendars;
- The ability for users to view their Canvas activity stream;
- View course schedules and other students in those courses;
- The ability to participate in conversations; and
- Tools for users to edit their Canvas profile.
The company will also be adding discussions, homework submissions, and modules, according to information released by the company.
The app is the first the company has built for Android devices, though it has previously released SpeedGrader for iPad and Canvas for iOS.
More information about Canvas for Android is available at the Google Play store. Visit instructure.com to learn more about Canvas.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.