Jenzabar EX 3.0 Extends Administrative Suite
Jenzabar has released Jenzabar EX 3.0, a major update to the enterprise resource planning suite for higher education.
Jenzabar EX is a suite of campus administrative tools for the Microsoft SQL Server platform, including accounts payable/receivable, admissions, advising, alumni relations, communications, financial aid, general ledger, payroll, personnel, purchasing, and registration, among others. The Web-enabled suite also provides course management, electronic learning, and electronic commerce functionality.
The new 3.0 release includes updates and improvements to a number of modules within the suite, including Purchasing, Registration, Development, and Admissions, as well as Financial Aid Manager. Several of the improvements fall into the categories of workflow and ease of use. But the suite also includes a number of new features within various modules, including:
- A new alert system to monitor requisitions in the Purchasing module;
- Improved embedding of e-mail links in the Purchasing module;
- New reporting capabilities for financial aid management;
- Enhancements to tracking and managing gifts in the Development module;
- A new "My Workspace" interface for collaborative activities; and
- Support for accessing the Web and specific applications (such as Excel, InfoMaker, Outlook, and Sybase) directly within Jenzabar EX.
Jenzabar EX is in use at about 300 colleges and universities. The new 3.0 release is available now. Further information can be found here.